Senior Staff Accountant
Position: Senior Staff Accountant
Special opportunity at not your typical CPA Firm
- Are you passionate, enthusiastic and helpful?
- Do you have a strong interest in small business?
- Are you tired of the "fire drill" mentality at your current firm? (Late nights that never end, always another "accounting emergency")
- Looking for work/life balance AND a unique opportunity for success? (Would you like to go home for dinner on time once in a while?)
- Are you an accountant with a fresh, energetic and great personality? (Is this an oxymoron?)
- Do you want to work directly with awesome, invested business owners?
- Are you interested in being part of a unique firm that is laid back and thinks outside the box?
- Do you want to be a part of a firm that values what you can bring to the table?
Schwartz & Associate CPA is a Turnersville-based CPA firm that specializes in serving small businesses. We have a history of strong and steady growth and we will continue that into the foreseeable future! We work with owners of small businesses to help them be better organized, make more money, and save on taxes. We provide a structured package of services including monthly accounting, tax prep and planning, outsourced bookkeeping, payroll processing, and most importantly – advice and consultation. Our clients depend on our expertise and our commitment to personal service. Because we are a small firm, our employees play a real role in our clients’ success.
We know that having the best staff is critical to our success. Our goal is to help our staff thrive professionally and personally. This is because we care about our employees and we know that low turnover is good for our team and good for our business. We have rock-solid systems in place for providing client service that allows our staff scheduling flexibility and balance (no “fire drills”).
We are committed to helping our employees develop their professional skills. Our team is generous in sharing their time and helping other team members develop new skills quickly. We help our staff develop into experienced accounting and tax professionals.
As a part of our team, your aptitude for figures and problem-solving skills will help us deliver outstanding service to our small business clientele. Your excellent work habits, reliability, and energy level will help keep our work-product flowing smoothly throughout the year. We interact with our clients on a frequent basis and your professionalism and helpful attitude will make a wonderful addition to our team!
- Prepare tax filings (1040’s, Corporations and Partnerships)
- Assist with ongoing tax planning
- Prepare monthly financial statements, sales tax and payroll tax filings
- Participate in onboarding of new clients
- Assist with special client projects
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a CPA firm
- Currently pursuing your CPA or EA designation
- Upbeat, confident and friendly personality
- Passionate about small business and their success
- Experience with tax return prep for S Corps, LLCs and individuals
- Have common sense and know how to use it
- Be able to work with any type of small business owner (blue collar or white collar, it doesn't matter to us)
- Must be computer savvy, embrace technology, and be willing to learn a bunch of new stuff (We use QuickBooks, UltraTax, Bill.com, FileCabinet CS, Practice CS, and, a buncha stuff)
- Desire to learn and grow your professional skills
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
If you have the skills and energy we need, we encourage you to apply online. We prefer that you submit an electronic resume via this career site.